Friday, September 18, 2009

.somebody.

I've been roaming around, I was looking down at all I see
Painted faces fill the places I can't reach
You know that I could use somebody
You know that I could use somebody

Someone like you and all you know and how you speak
Countless lovers under cover of the street
You know that I could use somebody
You know that I could use somebody
Someone like you

Off in the night while you live it up I'm off to sleep
Waging wars to shake the poet and the beat
I hope it's gonna make you notice
I hope it's gonna make you notice

Someone like me, someone like me
Someone like me, somebody

I'm ready now, I'm ready now
I'm ready now, I'm ready now
I'm ready now, I'm ready now
I'm ready now

Someone like you, somebody
Someone like you, somebody
Someone like you, somebody

I've been roaming around, I was looking down at all I see

i have simply been obsessed with this song. i probably listen to it everyday, including acoustic covers. i just love so many things about it, and sure, i could use somebody. i've been going through a major withdrawal, so much more this time around then where i was last year. and i think a huge part of it, is that for 18 days straight, i was always with someone, whether i was up in jersey, maryland or puerto rico, and i always knew i was going to wake up with someone in the room or house. it definitely was a big adjustment to have to drive home from orlando to an empty house. it was actually a lot more difficult then i was willing to admit to anyone and hitting this 30 milestone in my life, was a BIG stone that i kinda just stubbed my toe on. just gotta brush it off and keep going.

No comments: