Sunday, February 22, 2009

.mine.

david haas did it again at church. i know i've mentioned this before, so please excuse the redundancy. i've been so angry this whole week. i struggled with my exams and didn't do as well as i wanted to. i had studied and studied, and it seemed for naught. i felt so alone in everything that i went through and it just seemed like one thing after another was happening to me and only me, like i was being picked on and kicked while i was down, while everyone else around me went unscathed. i was super groggy this morning after sleeping through the first alarm, and grudgingly got myself to the 9am mass. it's like i didn't care, that my heart was that jaded and broken, like what did it matter if i was there or not? He obviously doesn't care about me one bit. And i listened to the readings with a stone cold heart. then we prepared to go up for communion. the notes on the piano started and my heart jumped back to life. this song ALWAYS gets me. what i love is that it's not just me. at the end, you could hear a chorus of sniffles and men and women discreetly wiping their eyes and pretending something was interesting on the ceiling. everyone wants to be wanted and loved, and this morning i didn't feel so alone. <3

I will come to you in the silence
I will lift you from all your fear
You will hear My voice
I claim you as My choice
Be still, and know I am near

I am hope for all who are hopeless
I am eyes for all who long to see
In the shadows of the night,
I will be your light
Come and rest in Me

Chorus:
Do not be afraid, I am with you
I have called you each by name
Come and follow Me
I will bring you home
I love you and you are mine

I am strength for all the despairing
Healing for the ones who dwell in shame
All the blind will see, the lame will all run free
And all will know My name

Chorus:
Do not be afraid, I am with you
I have called you each by name
Come and follow Me
I will bring you home
I love you and you are mine

I am the Word that leads all to freedom
I am the peace the world cannot give
I will call your name, embracing all your pain
Stand up, now, walk, and live

Chorus:
Do not be afraid, I am with you
I have called you each by name
Come and follow Me
I will bring you home
I love you and you are mine

1 comment:

LoveLola said...

sooo true. there's something within those moments at mass when you feel like 'someone' slaps you in the butt and sends you this incredible message that feels like it was meant especially for you.

love you and praying for you honey,that weeks like last night are far and few in between.