i hate running. i do. i hate working out. i find no joy in exerting more energy then is possibly needed. but for the most part, i run because i don't have to think about it, count reps, or switch to a new activity. i run. my trusty ipod and nike+ keep me going and motivated, and i am going to reveal what goes on in my mind when i run.
basically, my playlist is hip-hop and reggae save for ant farm's "smooth criminal". this genre keeps me motivated because i picture myself dancing in a club/lounge and i'm trying to look good. the only thing that keeps me running is pure vanity. today was rough, i ran about 3 3/4 miles, and walked a bit to make it 4. towards the end, i had to make myself angry to keep running, so i started thinking of people and situations that make me angry and dude, next thing you know, i was running because i was fired up. i think i even called myself fat at one point. i know, not exactly the most mentally healthy thing to do, but it pushed me another 500 feet up my hill to my driveway. just as a disclaimer, i don't offer this as advice, i'm just trying to tell you a story. but yeah, thought you would enjoy a glimpse into my world.
1 comment:
haha If I ran, I would def do the same thing!!! I think I would start with the angry stuff though and then move on to the dancing in a club...finally....as I collapse at home I would say, Wow I'm fat! lol
Post a Comment